Paras Khadka retires from international cricket

Paras Khadka retires from international cricket





Former Nepali cricket team captain Paras Khadka has retired from international cricket. On Tuesday morning, he announced his retirement from international cricket through social media.

Paras, who has been the captain of the Nepali national team for almost 10 years, had resigned from the post on September 15, 2008.
Paras made his national team debut against Malaysia in 2004. In 2009, Binod Das was replaced as the captain of the Nepali team. In the middle of 10 years, Paras led the group that made all the dreams of Nepali cricket come true. He is the most successful captain in Nepali cricket so far. The role played by Paras as a player and captain in giving ICC World Cricket League Division 5 to T20 World Cup and ODI recognition to Nepal is incredible.

He is the highest run scorer for Nepal in ODIs, Twenty20 Internationals and Twenty20 Internationals. Paras has played 10 ODIs for Nepal. He has scored 315 runs from 10 games. He has also scored 799 runs in Twenty20 Internationals and 1,377 runs in 56 games in Twenty20 Internationals.


Paras writes:
Expressing gratitude to all Nepali cricket supporters and stakeholders, I have decided to retire from international cricket. Playing for Nepal is the best achievement of my life.
I will always be indebted to the coaches, fellow players, fans, stakeholders, media personnel, my family and friends for their support, love and encouragement in the cricket journey I started when I was 15 years old in 2002.
As a cricketer, I have always played my role for the upliftment of the country and the Nepali cricket world with my mind, words and deeds. The dream I have seen in my life is the advancement of Nepali cricket but it requires the joint efforts of the entire cricket community and stakeholders. If we work honestly, we will definitely take Nepali cricket to a new height.
My journey as an international cricketer is over but my dream for Nepali cricket is still moving forward.
These two decades on the field, as long as life lasts, will remain with me as sweet memories. I am confident that together we will take Nepali cricket to new heights.


Post a Comment

0 Comments